This year certainly had its rough moments. Tough challenges at work - some of the toughest I have ever experienced. Lots of medical testing. Oral surgery. A heart scare (false alarm -- learned through it all that my heart is in great shape. :-) ) My first ride in an ambulance. Gall bladder surgery. My sweet cat Toby diagnosed with congestive heart failure (he's still hanging in there). You get the idea.
But I look back on this year and leave it very grateful. Not that it's over (though I do hope 2011 is less eventful). But grateful for the lessons learned and the many blessings that God showered on me this year. Things like:
- Gratitude for friends and family who rally around me when I need them. Priceless.
- Wonderful doctors and positive caring experiences at the hospitals.
- Knowledge that I can face some of my biggest fears and come out feeling stronger. And that with God and friends I don't have to face them alone.
- That no matter how hard it gets the people I work with are amazing, dedicated and supportive
- Grateful that I leave this year healthy, fully recovered and with an optimism that 2011 will be a healthier year.
- And most importantly, deeper understanding of God's love and His unending care and comfort.
I could go on and on but I won't. I also am grateful for all of you who visit here and leave your kind comments. I look forward to creating in 2011. I'll spend some time doing so this weekend so I have new things to share next week.
I wish all of you a blessed and happy New Year.